View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #154
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Hahaha Erling, I am still very much a novice at this. I have stumbled quite a bit while getting my footing. Everything I do I improve on though. If I would have tried to do this the first time it would have been in the trash before it cured! This was pretty difficult because it was many, many pieces. I had CF sticking to my gloves and went through 3 brushes just trying to keep stray strands of CF from gumming up the layup and even then I was not completely successful.

I recommend it for anyone that has a work space. It really is a lot of fun and not to expensive given what you can make. I have used 4 yards of material to make quite a few pieces that would have cost a lot more to buy and they are completely custom. Some prettier than others but it is fun and a great skillset to have. Tomorrow I might play with the mudguard some more.

I cannot seem to get a good picture of this piece, all of them make it look pretty bad regardless of the angle. It is actually pretty nice, does have some uneven spots because I ran a few more layers on a couple parts to increase strength. Oh well.

runnin4melife screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 02:17 PM
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote