View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #774
jdub
Dawg bytes reel gud

Oddometer: 1,719
I'd have loved to meet up with some folks in Michaux tomorrow, but due to prior commitments that day (lunch and beer drinking with an old Marine buddy, I have my priorities ) I headed up there today instead and found a great surprise.

After a northward run up Biesecker Gap Road, at its end I turned right on State Forest Road and about a mile later saw open on the right one of the many yellow gates that always seem to be closed. There was a sign posted that this road was open for deer season, and that was enough of an invitation for me. That turn lead to miles and miles of multiple old logging roads that went all over the ridges and valleys. Except for numerous parked 4x4 trucks belonging to deer hunters, I had the roads to myself and it was wonderful! None of them showed up on the GPS of course, and since I didn't have any bread crumbs to drop I had to keep track of which way I turned where so I didn't get lost. A great problem to have up there!

Hopefully these roads will remain open on Sunday (even though no hunting then) for any of you venturing up that way. A few crappy cellphone pics:

jdub screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 03:32 PM
jdub is online now   Reply With Quote