View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #50
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 4,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GUY View Post
Yes, there is definatly a place for all motorcycles.They all do different things well for different people.
The big Bmw GS shines at devouring road miles with ease, which is what I am trying to stop doing.
The last trip I went on with that bike, one day I put 800+ miles on in daylight hours and felt fresh.
I have (though hoping it doesn't sell) my KLR up for sale. I understand the desire to limit miles. Unfortunately, I may only get ten to fourteen days per kitchen pass, and I want to spend those days exploring areas I haven't been to before. With the BMW, 800 to 900 mile days allows me to get through PA and into NY (mountains) which is where MY trips begin.

On the KLR, highways were doable, barely, and even 800 miles. But my butt was toast and I was drained after.

I am not one who wants a road legal MX bike, I look for those graded gravel or two lane dirt roads. I like my comforts, multiple t-shirts and socks, and food. I roughed it enough for ten years in the Marines.

If I was retired and able to get more time, maybe I'd feel different.

Love the KLR though. Keep it in its comfort zone and it really can't be beaten!!!!

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote