View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #6302
Hektoglider
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
thanks for the update Gord.

The Uno Grande 1000 GSA represented much the same thing, a super cheap initial buy, rock solid reliability and power, and no worries over wearing out my other bikes prematurely. This one can bear the brunt of the usual riding. I really like the bike, and when it fell ill a while back I thought it was done, but it came back to life for more....I have almost extracted the value out of my initial investment.....

The good old GS. This picture isnt that old. Checkout the price of fuel.

The reason it was blowing fuses like crazy was hard to figure out. One day I had the tank off and was trying to sort it out. I noticed it would start and run great, but when I put it all back together and tried riding it, it would pop a fuse. Then one time, as I had the key"on" and hooked up the wires for the fuel gauage sending unit, the fuse popped right then and there. Since I no longer have the fuel gauge wires connected its been problem free. Its a great bike........

GS thread here on ADV
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300047

Monday cloudy day ride. Well above freezing, I wanted to run the Taco bike a bit so I can dump the oil and install the stainless steel reusable oil filter. Also new x-ring chain and sprockets, as well as new front brake pads.

It was real messy and highly dangerous. Traction is better when its frozen. It was nice to hear the little 250 motor.

Hektoglider screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 02:13 PM
Hektoglider is offline   Reply With Quote