Thread: I hate gravel.
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
der_saeufer OP
?איפה בירה

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineareagle View Post
One of the reasons I like my 'stich' You put on the jacket, the pants are right there as well.

Plus when you slide your jacket, or your pants don't slide apart and leave you exposed and

You can don it over anything and strip it off in 30 seconds at stops Plus

Who the hell would steal a 'stich'? You just leave on your bike or at worst run a cable through it and lock it n the bars.
Yeah, I'm leaning toward going this route. They're so damned expensive, though, especially when I already have a good jacket, but the ease of use is awesome, and they appear to last literally forever. Time to post in the Flea Market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
Similar thing happened to me 36 years ago, Honda SL125 in an empty grassy lot on the hood. Wearing helmet, gloves and boots - and Levi's. Went down and got up, picked the bike back up and started riding. Then noticed my L knee covered in blood. Absolutely no damage to the jeans, not even a grass stain. The skin obviously got pulled apart without damaging my jeans, back then I thought maybe it had got tangled up in the back of the front fender because the laceration was curved at about the same shape as the fender edge.

Glad you're basically ok. I LUV gravel. Just not when it's overlying pavement.
After I sent some hi-res pics of my knee to my med student brother, he was convinced that's what happened to me as well.

I love gravel roads, but gravel on smooth pavement is the devil. Also I found a piece of it, so here it is for all to see. It's HUGE (I wear XL gloves):
der_saeufer is offline   Reply With Quote