View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Pepperjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Changing tyres KTM990 Adventure

Hey gang...

OK, I have a 2012 model, with ABS etc. And...I've changed/repaired many flats on my trusty old XR 600..so I'm not fearful of Tyre irons etc.

Here what I'm thinking ...:

- My bikes runs tubes, front and back right..? ie stock as I purchased it..its only done 3000km ;-)

- is there anything tricky about getting the wheels off on the trail..? Any special tools needed other than what it in the factory tool set.?

- anything tricky about breaking the beads..?

- the bike doesn't use rim locks ...how so for such a powerful mother of a beast..??? That's what leads me to think there is something 'not normal' about these wheels/tyres (pirelli scorpions) .

- once patched the tube..any tricks about pumping it up etc..? I have a hand pump...it'll take a while I know but bottles wouldn't be big enough and I don't want to carry a compressor ..ideas though???

- will it seat OK etc after..sometimes on the old XR it was challenging ..and those tyres were no where near as full on etc.

Has anyone made up a video etc..?

I did some quick searching but appols if this is well covered somewhere, if so please just post the links ;-)
Rides : '14 BMW R1200GSA

Pepperjack screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 11:41 AM
Pepperjack is offline   Reply With Quote