View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #58
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
Forgive me if this has been answered but.....
can this suit be worn for all environs including commuting to and from work, ie can the pants
be worn as an over pant? Are there pictures of the armour coverage I somehow missed? Is this the kit that can be worn riding around town and in the mountains on street bike, as well as 50/50 gear and tat?
thanks
Wizz, I intend to use my next Klim suit to replace my 2008 RevIt Cayenne Pro for my do-all 4-season commuter and adventure riding suit. The RevIt is a fairly tailored suit that fits well and when you zip out its insulation layer (which I've never used) it easily slipped over a pair of jeans and belt, for the daily commute, and also fit well by itself on serious adventure rides with just LD Comfort base layer underneath. It has a wide range of adjustment in the waist strapping system.

My experience with trying on the KLIM Badlands and Adventure Rally pants is when they fit your waist and legs properly, they won't go on over daily commute pants. The waist does not have enough adjustment to compensate. You have to go the next size or two over to allow that, but then the pant legs are really bulky and baggy and too long.

I'm hoping the AR2 and/or ARA suit pants have enough waist adjustment to allow wearing as overpants and still give a decent closer fit. I don't intend to get this top-of-the-line and expensive suit just for racing or boutique "adventure" rides a few times a year, but rather for the few longer adventure rides I get time for and all-year, every-day, all-weather riding, on and off at least twice a day in the wet Pacific Northwest. That wears out many suits quickly, even top end suits. Velcro, zippers, and seams fail -- especially zippers. The RevIt Cayenne Pro lasted me 4 years of daily use, when I usually wore out cheaper suits in one year. Very interested to see how well the KLIM suits will hold up to hard daily practical use.
I know my Klim dirtbiking gear lasts and lasts.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote