View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #40
syzygy9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixerDave View Post
iGO is there for Android... came with my CyberNav mini. Well, I don't know that it's on the market as I've got the apk and maps for it. I just dumped it on a new 10.2" Android tablet as a test. Works fine, though it doesn't use the whole screen. Not my favourite app, but it does work.

Me, I'm an Orux kind of guy. Custom maps rendered to tiles via Maperitive and converted to Orux by MOBAC. But, I want full control of how the map looks and what's on it. I have no interest in routing. The OP was all about routing on existing roads. More like iGO.

Definitely, without a doubt, iGO at least exists and is functional in Android. Time to jump?

David...
iGo Primo for Android is ONLY available for OEMs, it cannot be purchased as an app for an Android OS . . . although there are a few pirate copies floating around the net.

The problem you are having with your OEM version is that the screen sizes are different; the OEM version you are "copying" onto another device is not configured for the screen size of the Android device you have copied it to . . . . and there is no capability to adjust the screen size in the OEM version (hardwired setting for obvious reasons). There are some workarounds on the net.

I am waiting for iGo to see the light and release as an app for Android (it can be purchased as an app for IOS and Win CE).

syzygy9 screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 05:12 PM
syzygy9 is offline   Reply With Quote