View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #112
doogiepooch OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I'm beginning to think that what the OP really needs is a midsized touring cruiser, like the Yamaha V-Star 950 tourer. It is in the same price range as the Burg 400, and IMO more comfortable, and with better performance. I finally went down to the stealer and sat on one after this came up in another thread. I found it to be extremely comfortable, and with a riders backrest, it would be about as comfortable as driving a car. It comes with really nice bags that have more storage capacity than the Burg, plus you can use a tank bag and a T-Bag, which attaches to the passengers backrest. It has a very low seat height, and if you wanted to mess up such a beautiful bike, it should do a lot better on dirt and gravel roads than a maxi, it has more ground clearance, better suspension, and full sized wheels. It is belt drive, and the valves are super easy to get to. And, it comes with quiet pipes and no fringe, and I recommend leaving it that way.
Wrong. I don't do cruisers. Hate the handling. I might be looking for a comfy tourer but I still enjoy a twistie road. Cruisers just don't handly well. TIght twisties on a curiser is like wallowing a piano up a fire excape. And I will say I'm uncertain how the maxi riding position is going to feel after a few hours. I need to hook up with a local forum memmber who has a maxi. A few guys have read that gravel road thing to closely. I was trying to say I really care nothing about offroading, I don't use my KLR offroad and cetainly woulndn't take a scooter offroad or really even down a dirt road. A more accomplished dirt rider can do alot with a KLR offroad but me, the weght of it in a tight spot make it like......well......trying to wallow a piano up a fire escape. The thing that tickels me to death about the storage on the Burgman is that you can be carrying a ton of stuff but no-one knows it. It's all hidden under the seat, no bike no matter how cool the hard luggage can't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhandmoto View Post
naw. the OP wants a Burgie. He'll love it!
Yep, basically this is it. Mind was already pretty made up when I started this thread, I just wanted to hear all the opinons/angles incase there was an angle I hadn't thought about. So far I haven't really been surprised or seen anything making me want to vary my path. While I haven't had double digit numbers of bikes I think I've had bikes in all the major categories. Dual sport check, super sport check, cruiser check (spent enough time on my dads to know I don't like them). after all these pages.....I still want a 400 Burg.
doogiepooch is offline   Reply With Quote