subybaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,888
Same as above, but in English:

http://translate.google.com/translat.../maramures.htm

..and here's a repost from the OTHER KONVOI thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
Edit- mods, I know the personal info thing, but 1) this is all public data I found while laying in bed with an iPad, and 2) Scammers! Thieves! Crooks! Why shelter them? Lemme know if it's a problem.
------------------

Here's a fun little exercise:

Google "lauramarginean1980". You'll find a Photobucket with a bunch of pannier pics, and a lot of bike forums.

And THiS, some kind of logo design site. Konvoi.ro has a logo there, contributed by Istvan Maczo. Istvan, hmm?

Google "Istvan Maczo Romania", and you find a stunter site and a bunch of reports like this one from 2009: Organiser abandons stunt show and steals prize money!

This guy just keeps getting better...

...and BETTER! (Feb 2010- 4 arrested in Baia Mare for theft/ bank fraud using false ID cards- Istvan Maczo, wife Daniela Maczo, and two others)

From THIS site:

MACZO ISTVAN
BD. BUCURESTI NR. 35
BAIA MARE, MARAMURES
Romania*
Telephone/telefon 0262437314

And backing up a few steps- http://www.urbanmoto.ro/?page=8

The star of our show, Istvan!

"Daniela"

Bank Fraud Guy Vasile Pop
Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
Konvoi.ro and urbanmoto.ro web host contact info HERE. Maybe Claudiu knows where to find him?

Also a big list of Sponsors and Partners of the stunt riders club he runs (ran?)HERE. I wonder if they all support the way he does business? Surely not.

"ElCamino" might be one of his handles. It showed up on the logo site, and sounds like him HERE.

I do have to say it's odd if the stand-up guy who started a stunter club to curb dangerous behavior and the ADV scammer are the same guy...but between the name and location, they must be.
Good luck to those of you still owed money/boxes!