View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
DirtyPoodle
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 5
11/30 Air Shipping

We’re starting our adventure from Seattle. We had zero luck getting a freight handler to ship out of Seattle. Since we heard that Air Canada is motorcycle friendly we called them and they gave us the name of a shipper in Vancouver.

The following photo is a picture of the last motorcycle being unloaded off the trailer.

The crates are custom and made in my garage. They’re made out of 1 1/8 inch angle bar on the bottom and 1 inch angle bar on the top. They are not stacked on the plane (or in the warehouse) so the top is only for putting light boxes on top in the plane (the cost reduction is well worth the effort). If anyone wants to know how to build on of these, let me know and I’ll send you my plans.

Like normal getting into Canada was super easy. I was a bit nervous carrying three motorcycles in crates, but it turned out the border agent also owned a DR650 and was planning his own adventure. If you reading this border guard, thanks for being understanding.

Here’s a picture of all the bikes in the warehouse. We attached extra tires and gas cans to the crate. They will be wrapped in plastic by the shipper so they’re not quite done here…

DirtyPoodle screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 10:30 PM Reason: Adding more content
DirtyPoodle is offline   Reply With Quote