View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 AM   #1247
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
Thumb Puebla

After leaving Valle de Bravo and saying "hasta la proxima" to our friend Carlos, we went to Puebla . One place that I was really looking forward to come back to , even if on my way up north I stopped there twice for several days . The food is just to good there , and I had also to meet my friend Stefan, aka Panamerikaner , again .
I knew the libre already, not to scenic, so I decided to take the cuota(now affordable) . After a long time without seeing snow, this morning I got to see it 3 times : The Nevado de Toluca, the Pico de Orizaba and finally the Mujer Dormida . Lot of memories came back ....all the snow we saw up north...everything that I saw when I came through this area on my way up , 8 month ago...

We made it to Puebla,checked in the hotel and rushed out for lunch : Mole con pollo

In the evening, Stefan and his wife Mary Carmen came and picked us up and took us to dinner. Great conversation and excellent food .
Our friend Stefan enjoying his meal

My choice, Lomito de res con salsa de cafe (Beef filet with coffee sauce)

The next morning, Mary Carmen came by at the hotel to pick us up for a day trip , by car
Our first stop was Cholula , the town of the 365 churches, one for every day of the year. The most visible ,is the one
that was build right on top of an old pyramid . From up there the view of the Popocatepetl is spectacular .

After walking around in Cholula for a while, we took off to find a place at the feed of the Popocatepetl where they have great trouts . In March Stefan and Enrique took me there on the bikes and I felt in love with that place.
After 45 min we got there, thanks to me because our local "driver" got lost I on the other hand , find always my way back to a place with good food

There we are , sitting next to the river and waiting for our trouts to swim by

And then they came ...