View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,383
I agree on the Zuma 125. I have a nearly new one. The speed is ok with me, but I don't like the fact that it is not freeway legal. I-8 from Phoenix to San Diego is 400+ miles of practically deserted freeway, and I have ridden the Vino 125 on it, but I risked some serious charges. Since it is illegal, if you were stopped by a cop you would get a ticket. Then you would be stranded, and have to have the scooter towed to a point where you could get it off the freeway. Then you would be stranded again, and might have to call someone from 400 miles away to come and get you. I decided not to risk it anymore.

I could have bought a Honda PCX150. I didn't like the looks of it (sort of a mini maxi design) but it was freeway legal. What prevented me from buying it was the 3 hour valve adjustment procedure, as opposed to 15 minutes on the Zuma. Honda messed up on that bad.

I suspect the Zuma 125 is 125cc because it is based on the Vino engine, though it is about 5 mph faster and has better acceleration.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote