View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #528
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,715
took off from David and the Bambu Hostal, my plan was to stay there a few days and chill out, but having one of the worst beds i have EVER slept in allocated to me made me head out sooner rather than later

there were some other overlanders there, the four wheels type heading north from Argentina

sleeping in the back of this as they went

heading out of town down the Pan Am

i was warned about cops in Panama this year, they have a new toy, the speed gun, i saw 14 of them riding south, i got stopped 3 times...and also 7 unmarked police cars chasing drivers down, watch the speed limits if you are heading down this way seriously, one overlander in a mitsubishi told me he got 3 tickets in one day, no options they have the ticket printed when he opened his window...i was luckier, zero tickets

as the inevitable rains come once or twice a day places to get under cover must be found

so after a day in the rain off and on i just decided to keep on riding until i hit Panama City and Panama House hostal, real nice place and a great meeting spot for riders heading out to the stahlratte, about 80km's away

rtwpaul is online now   Reply With Quote