View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #451
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 946
[

Just another quote to set the cat amongst the pigeons regarding learning on the dirt...
"It has often been suggested that American riders are able to control a sliding motorcycle because of their dirt track racing experience. Roberts (KR senior) disagrees: "I don't think that riding a dirt tracker teaches you anything very much that you can't learn on a road racer, but I think I learnt to be more agressive and determined because of dirt track racing in the States. When you are on the start line on your Yamaha among eighteen other guys on Harleys, and all the Harley fans in the crowd are throwing their beer cans at you, then that teaches you to go fast.""

Amazing what you can learn from the past,what's that saying? Standing on your grandfathers shoulders?

I should take this shit to The Perfect line, I could have a feeding frenzy [/QUOTE]

If that was the case why did they give J Lo to KR snr when he kept falling off. He got taken to a ranch in Modesto where a fat balding has been racer gave him the learn on dirt bikes.
KR is being a little disingenuous. Pretty much all the americans started off on flat track, so did Stoner. Aggresive & determined ,but also got them used to a bike being loose & moving around under you.
Nobody does Stoner corner at PI like Stoner, I'd suggest that is dirt track coming through.
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote