View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #25
jrzyguy OP
Restless

Oddometer: 406

Late in the day I came into the best riding so far...with higher elevation, beautiful desert scenery, and a great road to ride, the Parque National Del Desierto Central De Baja California is a treat. The picture is of a funky boojum tree...and as my Lonely Planet guide says, it's straight out of a Dr. Suess book!

I had my first opportunity to communicate with a Mexican truck driver in the Parque. I came up on him fast as his 18 wheeler was creeping up a steep grade. Slowing to assess the situation, we were approaching a blind left hand turn in the road so I had no idea what may have been coming the other way. The trucker switched on his left blinker...this is a signal that it's clear for me to pass. Talk about needing to trust! In a split second I surveyed the situation (the truck was in good condition with its load neatly covered) and swung out into the passing lane. My little DR got its throttle pinned as we shot by, to see nothing but clear road ahead! I was very pleased...I know these things don't always end happily!
jrzyguy is offline   Reply With Quote