View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #61
The Breeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXR75 View Post
Sweet adventure ride guys!

Curious though, your idea of the proper bike - WR250R, KTM 350/500 EXC, or the 690 Enduro?

Luggage - Giant Loop vs Wolfman?

FWIW....I rode my WR250R on the CAM 1000 (i.e., the one that drank two gallons of pure Rocky Mountain Spring Water). The bike is fantastic, and I rode it from Texas up the CDR to the CAM...then up to Canada after the trip. While it was a great bike for the overall trip....it Was Not the best tool for the job on the CAM. It obviously made it, but I had it geared way down (50 tooth on the rear)....and I was still wide open throttle, in first gear (and working clutch), going up alot of the passes. I had to stop a few times, during the switchbacks, to let it cool down (overheat light came on). If it's the only bike a guy has....then I'd say ride it....but there are better choices.

Big Ticket rode a WR450, which I think was perfect for the week long, high altitude trip.....tons of power and light weight.

I'm looking at the KTM500 for next years ride

All I can say, is that the CAM is an awesome adventure ride. The guys do a fantastic job of putting together the trip

It's an EPIC trip....and You Will be tested

The Breeze screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 03:38 PM
The Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote