View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #63
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXR75 View Post
Sweet adventure ride guys!

Curious though, your idea of the proper bike - WR250R, KTM 350/500 EXC, or the 690 Enduro?

Luggage - Giant Loop vs Wolfman?

The Breeze is a really good rider and he did the trip on a WR250.....but it was nearly too little a bike, especially with luggage. I really want to recommend everyone to consider 400cc to 650cc, especially hauling gear. (I suppose some of the new 300-350cc bikes might be just fine.)

All sorts of bikes can make the trip, but you will have so much more fun if you choose the right tool for the job.

My XR650 was just awesome on the trip this year, but I think I will ride my newly plated YZ426 next year.

As for luggage, both Giant Loop and Wolfman make quality products and both were represented on the CAM. I personally prefer the Wolfman Luggage, as it fits my packing process much better. I have a choice of several different bag sizes to fit my gear perfectly.

The rear bags look big, but they are carrying light gear....keeping my tent, sleeping bag, sleep pad, etc....nice and dry. That big top bag only weighed 12 lbs.

Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com

Big_John screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 07:58 PM
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote