Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #539
brecchi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
a report from Ben (nov 27th) about that same issue/problem/resolution
http://www.houseofmotorrad.blogspot.com/
...they we're about to fly back to Tijuana (to get paperwork) and got lucky.

i have friends from Sayulita who weren't so lucky and were told ride back to the border (from La Paz) and get your paperwork & they did because they had no other choice. there are no set rules on anything south of the border and you are at the whim of the last person you talk to.
Hey guys - yeah Eakins, looks like your friends caught a break at the airport. I tried the airport as well, but no dice. I exhausted all my options with a local friend helping me out in both Cabo and La Paz, but I pretty much had to swallow the fines in order to take the ferry. I think it was just the tourist visa that was the problem - needed it past the 20 mile free-zone. I'm pretty sure the TVIP was the regular price, which I needed for the mainland. Another thing that sucked was that they pre-dated the permits for the day I crossed the border. I had been trying to stretch out my time in Mexico for as long as I could which is why I skipped the permits at the border in the first place (and there was nobody there at Tecate.) So I should have just taken care of it at the US border, since the outcome was the same, except I paid an extra $100 and change...
brecchi is offline   Reply With Quote