View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #485
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
PICTURES Lots of pictures

I owe my readers an update. Sorry but I have been chilling out at Playa El Tunco. I'm so glad I met my friends Steph and Wilson. What nice people. Just what the doctor ordered to get my spirits back up.

First here are some pictures from Antigua Guatemala. It is a city that preserves it's history. I enjoyed walking around and taking photos. Lots to see.

Chris, who owns the Moto Cafe

These four were staying in El Hostel with me. Grace, with the dark hair, is the only name I can remember, you meet so many people when you travel...

Cafe No Se

Good spot!

Two guys from Brazil who loved my bike. They took so many pictures of me and the bike I felt like a movie star

Rat Bike Mike and his friend Peruko (sp)

Pere and Sigred were both from Sweden, staying at El Hostel. They just met there. I had a nice breakfast with them one morning

This gent was great at a gas stop. Very friendly, loved my bike.

These guys were Guatemalan bikers I saw at the Salvador border. I did all my own paperwork at the Salvadorean border. Took about two hours without "help"

Tunco Beach

Awesome beef stir fry at Tunco. Best meal of the trip so far. $6

Mike and Dawn two tourists I bumped into a few times and who helped me find the other inmates in town

Wilson

One of the nicest guys I ever met.

Steph

Hard to imagine she peddled her bike to El Salvador from Calgary solo!!!!

I sure enjoyed meeting Steph. A great person. We had a lot of laughs.

She teaches Scuba diving on Little Corn Island Nicaragua. That's where she's headed. 9000 kms down, 875 to go.

Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote