View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #681
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,966
What a great days riding and site seeing up and around the Bled region of Slovenia. I left it till today purposefully so to get the clear skies as with the crappy wet and snowing we have had in the last few days I thought it will be beautiful with all the snow and blue skies and I wasnt disapointed.

The weather here in the last two days has been cold and wet with snow so havent done anything except chill out and go for a few short walks around town. Didnt do anything bloggable is that even a word I guess these days it is.
The ride was cold it got down to -5 at one point so as you can imagine freezing my tits off but that was certainly overshadowed by the views and scenary I was seeing. Bled is only about 40 minutes from Ljubljana so not a long ride and I was pretty rugged up so all good. I dont need to jibber on to much about todays ride it was amazing some off road and at one stage I got off the bike to take a photo and nearly slipped over on the road so some really icy sections too, so much fun. I sort of wish I had the knobbies big time going off the road with these tyres im asking for trouble and eventually ill find it but oh well shit happens.

Came back and went down into the main square to watch the turning on of the christmas lights which was pretty nice, got to get into the Christmas spirit dont you now.

Enjoy the photos

Heading up into the hills towards Bled north east Slovenia

The lake at Bled and the castle on the hill

Silly bugger fell off his bike

Heading further up into the hills its starting to get a tad brisk ok down to -5 so nothing to whinge about

Over a few bridges further up into the hills

And there was the lake I was looking for

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 02:04 PM
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote