Thread: TKC 80's
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #38
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,955
I cannot find TKC Twinduro TKC 80's in a 120/70/17. That would be an ideal tire for the Dempster on that bike if you can get one, but google showed me only 17 rears, 18 rears, 19 fronts and 21 fronts...at least in the USA.

The Scorpion Trail is a street oriented tire not unlike the Dunlops mentioned earlier. The Dempster gets muddy. Even on dry days you get 200 yard lengths of mud.

That TKC 80 in a 120/70/17 would do the job, though.

Edit, this link says conti introduced the 120/70/17 this summer due to demand for the Duc MTS
http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...twinduro-sizes

That'll do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramv View Post
What tires aren't available in a 17" front? These ones are:

TKC-80
ContiTrail Attack
Pirelli Scorpion Trail
Avon Distanzia (Front only, widest rear is the 160)

I have had all four. I am amazed at how smooth the Distanzia and the TKC are on the road (fronts). The Trail Attack and the Scorpion almost feel like street bike tires. I haven't had much like with the scorps, I found they puncture easily on rocky roads. I just got the Trail Attacks, so no idea yet. I would probably consider the pair on an SMT for a long trip though. Or the TKCs if it was mainly dirt. No complaints there.

Most of my miles on the Multi was with a Distanzia front and Pilot Road (sport touring) rears. Fine, but aren't going anywhere if you encounter mud.

Pantah screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 12:06 PM
Pantah is online now   Reply With Quote