View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #135
RexBuck OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 929
Nov 26-28 San Juan del Sur

Hotel California was a great place but it was not the relaxing time I was looking for. The somewhat erratic internet coupled with the fact Id have to eat my dinner by 6 or so to get back before the witching hour encouraged me to seek alternatives. Id heard that San Juan del Sur was a pretty neat if not touristy beach town and was nearby.

So, I did what will probably be my shortest day of the trip 30km to wander over to the beach. This is a nice little touristy beach town with a surfing element although I understand the surfers have to go to a nearby beach to find great waves. A lot of language schools around to complement the nice beach.

Stayed at the Hotel Gran Oceana, a pretty decent place a half block off the beach. Well maintained with nice pool. $50 a night.

Mostly veged here, trying to catch up on a few things, not the least of which is goofing off. The beach

The obligatory sunset

The obligatory "good beer" overlooking the beach

Had this decent sized suspension footbridge connecting the nicer houses in the north end to the town

Good selection of restaraunts with lots of seafood, if you like that sort of thing. This was really tasty (except this beer)

Ceviche . . .hmmmmm

Had a bit of an impromptu parade calling attention to child sex abuse

Talked to some ex-Pats living in Costa Rica who come up here every 3 months to stay overnight and then get their 90 day visas renewed. Some of these folks have been doing this routine for years.

Stuck my head out of the hotel on the third day I was here and I find another 800GS and a V-Strom parked across the street. Couple of young guys from Massachusetts, Stefano and Leo are doing a fast trip to Brazil

www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote