View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #53
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,466
So regarding the kokopelli section that I talked about doing on Thursday.....In order to do this section I need 6-8 people that can ride the Koko on Thursday into Moab. So far there has not been a lot of interest.

This part of the ride may pose more problems logistically but it would work like this:

For those starting in Rabbit Valley we would need to carry all gear etc into Moab. I could not guarantee a shag vehicle could meet us Thursday Morning at Rabbit Valley to pick stuff up and transfer it to Moab.

My wife can meet us in Moab on Friday AM and if you are staying in a hotel in Blanding she could take a small tent and sleeping bag back to the Swell for the 2nd night.

However, If you are camping off the bike in Ruin park you will still need to carry all your gear for the remainder of the ride.

For those that start in Rabbit Valley the Thompson Trail would be an excellent route back, or you would need to ride a combination of the Koko to get back. Either way this will easily add 4-6 hours on Sunday to get back to Rabbit Valley vs Moab. Something to consider unless you just ride pavement back to Colorado.

If there is enough interest to start in Rabbit Valley I can come up with a few options to get back into Colorado. Again I need 6-8 people to do this early start though.

Clear as mud?!!

Regarding the difficulty of Lockhart Basin....
It is much easier than the Koko or Elephant Hill area. I can only think of 1 "difficult" spot. Mostly it is wide open, maybe some sand (ok maybe a lot of sand) in a few spots.

Hellsickle or Ridefreak can you think of anything in Lockhart Basin that would pose problems compared to Elephant Hill or Koko???

COXR650L screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 06:07 PM
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote