View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
CurDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Big Day 1

That was a big start to your ride but it sounds like day 1 went off well. It sounds like you will take it a little easier over the next 2 days (Albuquerque and then Lubbock.)

I have to say that you have surprised me with the idea of swimming with the manatees. I have lived in Florida for over 25 years now. I am a transplant from the Pacific NW... Seattle. Near where I live, is a popular viewing area for manatees... Blue Springs State Park. We have gone there many times to show visiting family or friends the manatees. But when I checked it out, they do not allow you to swim with them. As a matter of fact, I learned that only in the Crystal River area is this possible. This definitely has piqued my curiosity... do you have a particular guide company or spot in mind? There are a number of them listed on the internet.

Depending on when you plan to arrive in Florida, maybe I could join you for the "swim." Crystal River is straight west of Daytona Beach, about a 2 1/2 hour ride. Whether that would work or not, you are welcome to stop by our home, either coming or going, for a place to stay and a decent meal. Feel free to PM me with any details.

CurDog
CurDog is offline   Reply With Quote