View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Carl OP

Oddometer: 760
BMW Twins - Jack Pine Special

I see the Mr. Penton thread and that is cool. Having lived near the Penton dealership and the area I often had the opportunity to visit it. This thread is for the BMW pre-70 enduro Twins.

I've had these pics since July of 2011. We were on a cross-crountry trip and had an interesting meeting. In NE Ohio less than a mile from where I lived for some time in the 60's and 70's I see this curio cruising by us on a two-lane small city street. We pull in a small office building parking lot to get a better look at the machine and chat w/ the rider. He said he owned the bike since new. As he was in a bit of a rush for an appointment we said goodbye and parted ways.

Now I've not seen any of the Penton family for close to 30 years. They used to have a fall poker run at their dealership. Maybe they still do that. So, just wondering who the rider is that owns this bike. We tallked bikes and not names. The pic on the screen is of a river crossing in 1966 at the Jack Pine. Could the machine be something that the Penton family built?

Carl

Carl screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 10:44 PM
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote