View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #7352
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick

Oddometer: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrailie View Post
I think KTM640DAKAR (Todd) can relate to that video. He hooked a soft bag on a fence post while riding his Ducati 996 around a parking lot at an AMA roadracing event (Mid-Ohio? Road America? Can't remember).

It is far better to rip a soft bag or tear a strap than to hit hard stuff against hard stuff.

Anybody have any experience tearing Gobi bags off a KTM Adventure? I'm assuming that those tupperware boxes will "give" if push comes to shove. Probably better than aluminum panier boxes.
Matt, I drove past the TransDitch on the way to shooting sporting clays the pAst Thanksgiving weekend in Mansfield. It is grassy and ditch-like just as you remembered it. Did you have soft bags on that bike?

Yes hooking a softbag on a steel snowfence post will pick up the back end of the bike. luckily the bag tore away from the bike and I stayed upright. Had to use a shoe lace and an awe to sow it back together. That happened down at the Barber race trAck in Alabama.

It is not the destination, it's the journey.
KTM640Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote