View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #7
nameless OP
100% recyclable

Oddometer: 116
Laugh

Hi, thanks for your feedback, so let me try and explain a bit more what we are doing.

Our product will not work as the Power commander types, what we do is to reprogram the original ECU with new parameters according to the client's needs.
Doing that, we can adjust for instance:
  • Throttle responsiveness
  • Injection Control
  • Ignition Control
  • RPM limits
  • Torque Limits
  • Adjust for different heights (atmospheric pressure)
  • Power increase
  • Adjust for different types of fuel
  • Adjust for new gear (exhaust pipes, air filters, etc.)
All our files are tested taking into consideration the AFR and Knock monitoring.
I see that you would also be interested in doing some of the adjustments yourself, that takes some knowledge that most users do not have (in order to be on the safe side) :). We are not planing to do that at first, but if there's demand for that we can later develop a "Pro" version.

As for some of the other points, see our answer between the brackets:

• realtime statistics option - (Yes, it's on our list. You'll be able to see the values on an app that we will provide for free and for iphone/ipad and android models)
  • ability to change a couple maps on the fly without nintendo style codes - (I don't know if i understood correctly what you meant by Nintendo style codes, but if by that you mean to ask if it will be simple to change the maps, then yes it will be very simple, but not on the fly. Since we work with re-flashing the ECU, you will have to stop and turn the bike off, but for less that 5 min). It will be as simple as going to your mobile, open the app, select the map and press GO.
  • No disabling of basic OEM functions - like distance till empty - (All the OEM functions will be untouched, everything that the on-board computer had before, will continue to work as normal)
  • Historical info - time at rpm, speed, gears, engine temp, max rpm, fault codes - (Yes, also on our list. Plus we are developing the server side as well, and plan on providing the users with an on-line backup of such info, chart/graphics ability and the ability to share.
  • Fully waterproof (seems obvious but there are some tuners that aren't or at least weren't) - (Yes, also on our list)
  • English speaking support that works nights and weekends + a 2 year warranty - (The 2 year warranty for sure. English speaking support also, but i'm not going to lie, since we are still a small company it will be a bit difficult to provide an immediate 24/7 support from the start. But there will always be a way for costumers to communicate with us.

Hopefully this answer all your questions, feel free to add something.

Thanks for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trc.rhubarb View Post
Cool!
My wishlist (assuming using wideband O2 sensors):
  • realtime statistics option- like the bullydog systems for diesel motors (app for phone/laptop/tablet ideal)
  • ability to change a couple maps on the fly without nintendo style codes - like the new power commander stuff
  • Ability to export mapping tables (AFR and timing) to a spreadsheet for easy editing and comparison between multiple maps
  • global adjustments for quick changes such as target afr for a given rpm/throttle position
  • "autotune' learning to actively correct minor issues (<10%) with AFR
  • No disabling of basic OEM functions - like distance till empty
  • Abiltity to adjust speedo in a granular way
  • Rev limiter adjustment
  • Historical info - time at rpm, speed, gears, engine temp, max rpm, fault codes
  • Fully waterproof (seems obvious but there are some tuners that aren't or at least weren't)
  • English speaking support that works nights and weekends + a 2 year warranty
I think that covers it for now
Thanks!

'13 Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré
Keep Calm
and
Carry On
nameless is online now   Reply With Quote