View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #9
norton73
drinkin'

Oddometer: 8,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbmw View Post
You can keep the fairing spider, with the headlamp attached, relocate the ignition switch to the LH of the headlamp and fit a pair of mini indicators to the bottom arms of the spider, it will look a bit odd, especially if you retain the stock handlebars.

I did this on my bike as a temporary measure after I had run out of cash in the long term project of turning a badly misused RT into and s replica.

I like the S fairing, I find that it gives a surprising amount of protection, especially if it is combined with a tank bag, this setup puts my head into stable air and I find the stock low S bars to be really comfortable.

Don't underestimate the costs of this project unless you can find most of the parts secondhand

I had a R90S back in the day, rode the wheels off that poor thing. I picked up a '81 R100RS a couple years ago, but the full fairing is too hot to ride behind here in AL except in January and Febuary.

If i don't sell it next spring, I'll probably rebiuld it as a R100S. It does have one of the smoothest motors I've ever experienced on a airhead.