View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Cactus Dave OP
Born to Argue

Oddometer: 685
Pikes Peak International Hill Climb

All -

The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) has decided, after eliminating it, to add back the Vintage class for motorcycles. I won't go into all the details right now, but historically, the class had two basic rules:
1. Bikes had to generally/roughly be AHRMA 750 Sportsman legal; and
2. Riders had to be 50 years of age or older.

This is a GREAT event. I've raced it 3 times, and now that they have decided to add back the Vintage class, I'll be back again in 2013. Well built and ridden 750 Triumphs and 750 Yamahas generally dominate - I have run a 650 BSA Hornet in a Trackmaster frame.

(It is now fully paved. The photo above is from 2009 when it was 1/2 dirt and 1/2 pavement)

You have to act FAST: entry deadline is December 31, 2012, I believe. Entry fee is $700 per rider/bike. It ain't cheap, but it is well worth the $$'s and time. I'll answer any questions, make suggestions for accomodations, scheduling, transport, etc. The more the merrier, and the moto crowd is one of the best I've ever encountered, the race organizers are wonderful, the locals support and love the event and its participants, and it is simply a thrilling run up 12.5 miles, 130+ turns with spectacular views in America's 2d oldest (behind the Indy 500) motor race.

You can get all entry info at: http://www.usacracing.com/ppihc

Don't delay!

Cheers,

Dave

Cactus Dave screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 09:11 PM Reason: to correct typo in title
Cactus Dave is offline   Reply With Quote