View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #453
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,023
Well, I am sure it is worth exactly what it cost, but in my opinion - well let me just say I am somewhat biased against anything that says "Suzuki" on the tank. I really like the 1250, and on paper at least it is an excellent choice for me. And it is probably an excellent choice for most people. Unfortunately I have had problems with the last two Suzukis I owned. I bought both of them new, and in the second case I even bought the extended warranty. I would have been happy to over look the worn out clutch, if Suzuki had only honored the warranty, but instead they told me replacing hte clutch at 20,000 miles was "routine maintenance".

I traded that bike for a Honda ST1300, and I was blown away by the difference in quality. The Honda was FAR SUPERIOR to the Suzuki in that regard.

I will not be in a position to buy another bike anytime soon, but if I was and I wanted something "more advanced" than the CB1100, I would probably just wait to see what Honda does in another year or two. That is the silver lining for me. I am hoping by the time I am ready to buy another bike, that the Crosstourer will be an option in these United States.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote