Originally Posted by rocker59
All a V7C needs to be an NTX is a set of forks and shocks, a set of wheels and tires, and some swoopy Stelvio-looking bodywork by Miguel Galluzzi.
How far do you think you could push the back end up before you ran into issues with the CARC? 30mm? 60?
The forks only have 40mm stanchions, so I'm guessing that would require a new set of triple clamps able to hold at least the 45mm units found on the Stelvio. Beyond that, as you say, wheels, tires, etc., should be bolt-ons.
So, V7 -> V7 NTX:
- shocks (new)
- forks (off Stelvio)
- triple clamps (new)
- wire wheels w/ DS tires (use wheels from Special, maybe swap front for Stelvio front to get 19")
- bash plate (new)
- engine bars (new)
- aux lights/mounts (please go new....Denali LED would be nice
- handguards (off Stelvio)
- heated grips (off Stelvio)
- luggage (would the subframe need beefing up for this?) (same as Stelvio)
- large touring windscreen (new)
What am I missing?