View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 AM   #82
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,358
Haha so is that forewarning I should bring plenty of food?
Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
Senor Dubinky:

although I have been known to consume a burger or 3 on occasion; my ADV handle is "burque" magoo, as in the slang nickname for Albuquerque.......

Izzit May yet?
Snooker-
Good suggestion, I added the IN list to the front page. I will also send out a group email some time after the first of the year with all the info. Subsequent emails will have any major updates and also the finalized tracks. This way people will not miss a post on the thread with anything important.

Yes I have ridden this when wet, and snow packed, and alone It can be nasty and we will evaluate the road conditions as it gets closer. Hell, if we dont get any snow at some point maybe we can give it a go in Feburary

The plan is to split the main group (camping) into 2 smaller groups so people can ride at a comfortable pace and we keep the dust down, etc. I will be leading one group and I will probably have a leader for the second group that has ridden this route before, but I will have to wait till it gets closer to know for sure.

An option for those that want a shower on night two is staying in Goblin Valley State Park, (still tent camping). It is only about 5-10min away from the group camp and BBQ. http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/goblin-valley. If you want to stay here I would make a reservation at least by March or April. It can fill up pretty quick in the spring.

Regarding the Koko again,

If there are 6-8 people interested I will lead a group for this leg to moab and then back to rabbit valley. But I need at least that many otherwise I cant justify coming over a day early. I have tracks for anyone that wants to ride it though.

I think we are all set to go, just in time for winter

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride

COXR650L screwed with this post 12-06-2012 at 06:12 AM
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote