View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #44
gpskevin OP
gpsKevin

Oddometer: 112
Day 10 Eagle Plains

From Mug Shots

Day 10, from Brian
We awoke at Moose Creek Camp to the howl of the arctic wolves, compliments of Jeff and Kevin.
The people at Moose Creek really took care of us, allowing us to set up camp out of the rain. We try to pay the nice lady for the camp but somebody has already paid, later we find out it was Steve, thanks Steve.

We hit the Klondike Highway for what is to be a 300 mile day and the start of the Dempster Highway and finally arriving in Eagle Plains for the night. Tracy takes a break and lets Jeffrey ride his BMW for the day, after Jeffrey’s KLR quits on him, but not before Tracy gives him strict instructions not to over rev it or go faster than 80. Jeffrey states “I’m here to F*** S*** Up” and takes off down the road at full speed. Could this be the third addition to Jeffrey’s Motorcycle Graveyard in less than 2 months? Only time will tell.
From Arctic Wolf Day10

From Arctic Wolf Day10

From Arctic Wolf Day10

From Arctic Wolf Day10

From Arctic Wolf Day10

The Dempster turned out to be a well graded gravel road that at times was like riding on ball bearings and seemed to go on forever. More unbelievable scenery , a hot lunch along the Mackenzie river and we arrive at Eagle Plains for the night.
From Arctic Wolf Day10

From Arctic Wolf Day10

From Arctic Wolf Day10

From Mug Shots

Day10-Steve
Wow, we finally have internet! Please understand, I am on my iphone. What a great last two days we have had. Presently in Eagle Plains Yukon, half way way to Inuvik in the Arctic Circle. Couple of gas pumps and an old single story large weather beaten wood lodge with a large bar area and restaurant-it's heaven. This is near the top of the continent-trees are real skinny here.
From Arctic Wolf Day10

Do a Google search & check it out. Tomorrow is Canada Day-like our 4th of July, I guess? Tracy & I got a room at the lodge. The rest of the group is in the campground. Pretty sparse! And bugs-lots of bugs! Guess I am a whimp! But, sitting here in the lounge sipping gin & tonics and having veal cutlets with salad, this is as good as it gets! And sleeping in a bed. Yesterday Kevin towed Jeffrey 221 miles to Whitehorse. Rented a truck, stored the KLR, loaded up the Tenere and meet up with us at Moose Camp. Lots of rain yesterday. All of us are equipped for the elements-no problem. Some rain today. Rode 200 miles on the Dempster Hwy. Lots of stories-later. My back is doing great! No advil needed. Probably because of my great Saddlemen seat and my work at Bauer Therapy? It's 8pm and it's as bright as noon. Sleep will be easy tonight. On with the adventure---Steve
From Arctic Wolf Day10

From Arctic Wolf Day10

gpskevin screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 06:15 PM
gpskevin is offline   Reply With Quote