Thread: Husqvarna TE630
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #3588
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beet View Post
Hi all, just did an oil change, filter and screen clean. My manual does not give intervals, just says service at 1,000ks, 5,000ks, 10,000ks etc. Questions - do You do the screen behind the clutch cover every 5,000ks, sooner than that or do You skip it for longer? What oil do You use and how much $ and where are You getting oil filters??. thanks in advance Beetle.
If you look at the OIC again you'll see it says 1K or 600 miles on the first change. I did mine at 250 miles. Then it shows replace oil and filter at 5K km, or 3000 mile intervals. I do mine at about 2000 with Amsoil synthetic after it had about 12-1400 miles on it. Filter from the dealer, or you can get a Hiflo, but get the right one, we've covered that in depth on cafehusky.com. They run about $5.
If you need a shop manual let us know, they are free for download...30mb PDF.
Amsoil at dealer cost if you want it. Other oils are fine as well, I just prefer the full syn they have, good price too.

EDIT: On the clutch-side screen, I checked it at a couple of thousand and it was clean so probably wait 'till about 5or 6 to check it again.

browneye screwed with this post 12-06-2012 at 08:33 PM
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote