View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #26
Lesser OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Less Harley View Post
If money on improvements isn't an issue the G/S is better IMHO, hands down...
Alas, money is a consideration. Don't let the bounty of beat up bikes listed in the signature line fool you!

Okay the ST is nice. Bone stock, but a hoot all the same. The r65 was a project bike bought for $800, an exercise in turd-polishing turned back-up-bike extraordinaire. And the R90s was rescued from a musty shed in Massachusetts this summer and I'm just getting to getting her (her being a bike I've always lusted after) road worthy. She'll be a rough sleeper when I'm done with her. First step in rehab process: liberate the bike from the Lufemeister fairing. When I'm "done" with it she'll be good looking enough to not get stolen off the street in NY, but mechanically sound enough for any kind of riding. Maybe will start a thread to document the resurrection.

Back to the Paralever/Monolever conundrum -- I've got the "I'll take it!" email drafted just need to sack up and send to secure the 91 R100GS.

I'll likely keep the ST until spring and then sell it when it'll fetch more...or if I hit a windfall I'll keep it and have the best of all worlds.

Thanks all for all the input. Will post back on the final outcome.
www.UnionGarageNYC.com
103 Union St, Brooklyn, NY 11231; Tues-Sun
Lesser is offline   Reply With Quote