View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #8
tassie jeeper OP
XR Cafe Racer

Oddometer: 16
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu View Post
Those bars would be too low for me today but I was "young" and full of vigor when that pic was taken. I was road racing the bike at a track with a looong front straight and wanted to get as low as possible. This bike went through many alterations during the 19 years I owned it. Sure miss that machine!
glad to hear it served u well stil have not ridden a rd bike that will out corner a traily on the tight and twisties.
im not too worried about top speed as i have no real intrest where i will be riding it ill be cruising at about 120km along the highway for only half hour at most then into the twisties where only 2nd-3rd gear will be used and thats where all the fun is to be had i had to laugh my father went through the twisties with a mate my father was on a triumph thruxton with a stage 1 cam ign box and pods and he beat his mate that was riding a hot cbr1000R because he couldnt use the power he had lol

its a shame their are not more classic looking bikes around all i see is old 4cyl's and crap from the 80's+ no british heritage down here at all