Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #26418
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by zouch View Post
descending at speed on a good road bike is one of my favorite things to do with clothes on. i always try to tell myself that once i'm going more than a couple dozen miles per hour i'm already going to get ripped up if i fall, so i might as well go for it...
Back in the day when I was young and naive (before motos and ATTGATT), I used to regularly hit 67-68 mph (according to the calibrated cyclo computer)on a steep hill in Roanoke county, VA called the Wall. The fun part was at the bottom of the descent, the road went into a nice right hand sweeper that would cause you to drift over the double yellow into the oncoming lane, just a couple inches. Talk about a rush. None of the guys I rode with exceeded the low 60's, but they weighed less and used their brakes (brains).
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote