View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #477
benthic OP
glutton 4 punishment

Oddometer: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Woodman View Post
Couldn't one simply use a polyurethane coating on the tank interior? It's fuel and solvent resistant. My tank is pretty rust-free.
There are a variety of tank liners out there. the risk in not using a reputable one is that it will come off and you'll have done all the work for nothing. The worst part is the prep with solvents as Bill mentioned. The final step of actually lining is pretty easy.

in other news! got my new wheels/tires back on the bike:) (don't know if the facebook photo will show up)

after this pic, I reattached the headlight and sorted out my clip-ons, but forgot to take more fotos.

a Big thanks to Renner for his patience with mounting the tires. It was the inaugural tire mount on his new-to-him Nomar tire changing station, and there was definitely a learning curve for both of us, but especially me;)

tonight is about getting the exhaust finished up, double check all cables, engine/tranny fluids, bleed the brakes and new fork oil in the front end. I desperately want to fire this baby up:) I WILL be puttering around my neighborhood this weekend even if I don't have a proper place to put my ass.;)

Happy Friday everyone!
Spencer
www.blindfishz.com
benthic is offline   Reply With Quote