View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #159
plutonic
Outsider

Oddometer: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
Where im going with this: if I had to guess why supermotos arent super popular, I would say its because they take on all the limitations of a streetbike (except they do have more suspension travel) where they are fairly limited to street (bar exceptional skill) while having few of the usable benefits of a streetbike- namely power (but also storage, comfort, etc). They dont have the power of a sportbike (most of us love power), the comfort of a crusier, or the go-anywhere of a dual sport. Supermoto on the track makes sense to me as there arent so many variables and I can see why it would be fun; loooots of lean angle, low weight, and the speeds are slow enough relative to some literbike that you can enjoy it without being so close to death.

Not trying to say any of you sumos are wrong (ride what makes you smile)- just explaining it from the perspective of a guy who loves all bikes but doesnt really find the supermoto gig appealing
Wow... I thought I will never see a good explanation of a phrase " the glass is half empty ".

"You are born. And you die. And if you are very lucky in between you get to ride motorcycles."
plutonic is offline   Reply With Quote