View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #642
sakurama OP
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
I would definitely run a vent filter, any FCR will suck in a tiny amount of air regardless of whether it's on a twin or a single.

They weigh and cost so little that there is no reason not to. If you are Gregor or Flanny you can get them in black or orange billet, for the former KLR riders out there, find an old film roll canister, fill it with the foam from an air filter and run your lines in and out of that.
I've been digital for so long I can't even remember what film canisters looks like. Besides, I ended up going with the orange velocity stacks so I'm going to order one of those orange filters but I think I'll just get black tubes. I guess I'll route it up front.

I just got a booking again in NYC for 17-18 of Dec. and I called Chris to see if he could get the chokes done by then and he said yeah, he should be able to. I booked my flight in early so I'll be rested on Monday and so I'll have Sunday to run and test the bike. I'd like to run the 41's and 39's back to back just to see.

I know Chris had to remake some parts for the kits and he's sick with the flu right now but I hope some others get the kits - I'll be curious what the impressions are.

Gregor

PS - since my shop days are numbered I did a quick iphone pano of my space. Not very clear really but I wanted to remember it.

sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote