View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #24
Pomo
gonzo

Oddometer: 609
There are some interesting differences I noticed on the 2013s while I was sitting at the dealer:

• The rear brake reservoir moved forward, right above the regulator. Definitely a less vulnerable location even without any sort of guard on it. I think they moved the charcoal canister as well, but I'm not sure where.
  • The regulator is now mounted facing downwards instead of out, and may be slightly more inboard of the frame rails.
  • The hose from the handlebar to the ABS block appears to be a little bit longer. Looks like you could probably mount a decent size bar riser without having to change it out or adjust it in any way. The rest of the cables looked pretty much the same length though.
  • Mentioned before but the bodywork is a lot different. The radiator shrouds seem a lot shorter/smaller and less "bloated" than the older style (or maybe I have a touch of BMW Acquisition Syndrome). The beak definitely looks shorter too.
  • The control pods on the handlebars are different, plus they have more buttons for ESA and stuff. I like the old style better personally.

"It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way." ~ Rubin, Road Trip

Pomo is offline   Reply With Quote