View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #382
proeasy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smallberries View Post
Hey - can a new guy play as well? I'm just over the eastern edge of Washtenaw County (Northville), but love those roads. If I get a break in the rain this weekend, I'll need a good excuse for a ride.

Hey Toad - would you mind telling me more about your DR? I read your excellent "Expedition Michigan" ride report and am very interested in your bike. I've got a 1200GS and a Yamaha TW200 and think I need something in between for a ride through the UP next summer. I may even sell the TW and buy a used DR. I'm curious about your thoughts on the DR350 vs. DRZ400. Where did you get your rear rack and bigger tank???
"John" I think I saw you a few weeks ago on a saturday I was heading into Northiville on 7 Mile, you were heading west, just west of Beck. While I have an RT more and more of my miles on on my single cylinder bikes in the direction west of Novi/Northville. I have to say perhaps my favorite is my XR-400 (kick start/air cooled) that you can ride like you stole it and really never get you into trouble. Plus at approx 260 lbs is not a bear to pick up. Always open for a ride and and have some nice dirt routes to the likes of Hell/Pickney. Saturday later looks a bit dry and may head out to the Dam Site Inn to clear my head. The XR-400 and the TE-510 have between them three various Cannon Treks completed. As many can attest, there is no one perfect bike, just all the more reason to have a few at your disposal

Paul O
Husky TE-510
Stumpjumper Carbon 29'r PRO
proeasy is offline   Reply With Quote