View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #5881
fikse
All-season-rider

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Scoot View Post
Preload fork spring spacers work, but they can only load the spring rate that remains in the old springs.
Using 15 wt (150 lb rider) or 20 wt (200 lb rider) fork oil will slow the fork compression and delay the bottoming of the springs espessially with an inch less of fork travel when using preload spacers.

This is the order used from top to bottom:
White PVC Spacer, 1 1/16" in diameter, cut SQUARE at 15/16" in length
1/16" thick stainless steel flat washer 1 1/4" diameter
Short factory Spring
Factory Washer
Long Factory Spring

Same feelings here on the NX. Every couple of months I think about replacing it. With what?
High strung dualsport - requires an oil change every 6 hours of use - No way
Another reliable dualsport - have one - I'm Swiss - Why spend money on a newer version of what I have.
Keeping this bike FOREVER!
I have used 15mm spacers in each. Great success. I have also raised forks 15mm trough the triple clamps. This lowered the bike in front, more wheight on front wheel (and thereby less diving since its already some more "preload"), steeper fork angle. For my taste this is working very nice with my summertyres. With my wintertyres I am not sure, maybe it is a bit too steep for the knobby studded tyres, I will have to test furthermore.

Only got a few thousands miles on mine since I bought it earlier this year, but already "in love". My first look made me think of the ugly duckling Not sexy at all. After some thinking and comparing with other dualsports, this one have it all. Well, most of it. Too soft suspension and tiny brakes compared to new bikes, but still this is just replaceables Now when its snow and ice nad low temps, Im just saying "halleluja" This bike really surprises me. So easy to drive on ice, and engine/drivetrain works just as smooth in these temps as in the summertime. Both thumbs up