Oddometer: 2,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySteve View Post
Ride Name: Big Bend Christmas Trip
Date: Departing December 23/24? TBD
Meeting time: 0600
Meeting location: Houghton parking area north of I10
Estimated Length of Ride: 12-14 days
Difficulty: 1000 miles+ of dirt! 3,000ish total miles. Should be easy(er). I am riding a 600 lb bike with camping gear and food provisions
Notes: read below

Howdy Folks -

I'm in the midst of planning of a Christmas Holiday on the motorcycle. 6 days of vacation from work net me a total of 15 consecutive days off from work. Needless to say, I plan to spend those day living out of the motorcycle; the way a proper holiday should be spent . Right now, I don't have any companions on this trip . Even my SO is unable to take time off, so this is currently a solo trip.

Cheers,

Speedy

Hey Speedy I'm just North of Las Cruces so if you need anything let me know. A few comments on your plans: Stahman Farms closed their shop, lots of trees though. Soledad Canyon is hiking only, Lake Lucero would require reservation I believe, the BLM campsite next to the Missile Range Hq and museum is a nice little ride, great views, and a good campsite, the Lincoln NF may be snowed out although still dry but certainly cold, Bahlmorhea is very interesting. I am planning to do a short trip toward BB or BBRSP next week, will be getting too chilly for me in this area so BB is always (well usually) a bit warmer.
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000,, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, 1965 Bridgestone 90!
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote