View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
DSTEVENS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1000A1 View Post
I have R1200GS 2012 with just 1000 miles on it. This is the first bike with a dry clutch I've ever owned. The bike runs great, no issues. I just noticed one thing and not sure if it's normal or not. After the bike cools down, the first time I squeeze a clutch lever there is a noise, more like a loud click coming out off a clutch basket, seems like something got stuck and released. It only happens in this situation: ride -> cool down -> first time lever squeezed. Never when the bike is hot and never on the second, third, etc. squeeze. Should I be worry about it?
Hello ZR1000A1, I am new to the GSA and BMW too. I dont have any information for you but I am sure some of the fellow owners will have a clue. I do know that the GS or in my case GSA is sure a different ride compared to what I am used to and the clutch takes some getting used to for me, mine seems a bit grabby. It may need a few miles to settle in. I put a dual friction clutch disc in my old hot rod chevy and first time I parked it the disc froze to flywheel. best wishes. D.
DSTEVENS is offline   Reply With Quote