View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #67
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Norwalk, CT
Oddometer: 18
Yes, I got the trap out. I used the ChopCult method: Worked like a charm. The 3/8-18 tap cost $10, but it's worth it. There was more gunk inside there, so I'm glad I got it all out. Looks pretty good now!

Now I can start putting this whole thing back together. Hope I remember where the parts go.

I've spent about $100 on special tools to disassemble the engine, so if there's anybody in the SW Connecticut area who needs some help, I hope you'll reach out. I'll be happy to help.

Once the engine is rebuilt, I can tackle the rest of the bike. I haven't done a thing with brakes, front forks, electrical, oil, etc. I figured unless I got the motor moving, no sense having brakes!

bagpiper22 is offline   Reply With Quote