View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #1018
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,057
Ok anyone reading along yesterday saw some tweets posted by my brother that were then nuked (all but one for some reason). Ended up being more confusing and disjointed than just redoing it all, so I'm hitting the reset button and starting over.

Cliffs notes version of Austin (I'll do a complete out-of-sequence report later) was that it is an awesome place. On day two I met up with a Ducati dude ('Sup Alex!), from CA who was out visiting a girl (Tina) he met in a cab in Redding who lives in Dallas. We went out, drank way too much and I woke up around 1:30 in the afternoon the next day with a hangover and extremely vague memories. I did meet a girl (thanks to Tina) who a few days later would become the first AntiHero hostess along the way, though. That's right, boys--a girl actually opened her doors up the night before I left and let me crash at her place. She didn't know what she was getting into, though. Either my packing/preparation or my stories put her to sleep. In any case, I had a witness to exactly when I left Austin.

Set my timer and tried to catch some Zzzzzs.

I barely slept. I was excited. The preparation for battle, the moments of anticipation, the fear of failure all conspired to keep me awake. Morning came quickly, along with a sort of dense fog/sprinkle that coated the already very greasy Austin Roads. Forecast showed no rain and decent mid/high morning temps, so I left with just a thin layer (T-Shirt and thin parka) under my jacket. Dumb. Why I like to error on the side of freezing I know not.

The Route:

AntiHero screwed with this post 12-12-2012 at 06:55 PM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote