View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #314
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
IMHO the dogpile has turned him off. Why bother now? At this point nothing he posts will make some of these guys happy.

Jim
A video of him wheelying off in to the sunset would shut a few up though :)

Me, I'm just curious to see the finished product and (if he cares to share) a final list of what was done and what it cost. I really don't give a f**k about the people who are trying to stroke their own egos by criticizing someone else's efforts and I don't give a f**k about how original it looks.

Probably a topic for a different thread but I don't see what's the big deal about the title. There are plenty of vehicles going around (bikes especially) in really shitty condition but with perfectly good titles. There are also more than a few with salvage titles that seem to be just about perfect. In this case, if it meets the rules and he wants to maximize the value, it makes sense. If he then failed to tell the story to a potential buyer, that might be a different issue - but it would still obviously be a very heavily modified, reworked bike and unless there was a serious hidden flaw (unlikely from what I've seen so far) it shouldn't make much difference at the end of the day.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote