View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #39
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,831
Service Pavilion sent an email earlier in the week (if they have your email address) stating that they weren't going this year, but that you could still get good deals on Arai through them directly.

Got to look and feel the new BMW GS H20, it looked nicer in person, I think it will be a hit.

KTM was there this year, first time in a few years- They had the new 690 Duke, but the 1290 Duke won't be out til '14...looong wait!

Royal Enfield had a booth with a couple of cool lookin WWII bikes you could play "Army" on... There was a olive drab and "Rommel" desert tan 500cc Classic models- Single tractor seats, single disc up front with old-skool drum in back-BUT fuel injected!

Honda had the new NC700X and the CBR 500 series: The 500 series had three different versions- a naked street fighter look(CBR-F), a racer with side panels (CBR500-R)and an upright GS looking 500 bike that was getting alot of attention, not coming out 'til May. All apparently using the same powerplant/tuning...

Twisted Throttle and Touratech were side by side with all the farkley-shit...

Pre ordered a Race Tech front spring set and their "Gold Valve" fork system on Friday- They were nice enough to bring my order to the show and give a $50 discount- very cool!

Test rode a Harley for the second time in my life... A "switchback" 1200cc. The cool thing is they let you ride on your own- no group leader or pack to follow- The bike would make a great blvd cruiser, but I can't imagine riding it for anything other than that specifically- Just not my riding style. Bike had alot of low end torque which is fun to play with though...

No deals on apparrel and swag like before...

Also bought tickets and a campsite to Laguna Seca Moto GP in July :)

Oh Yeah, EBR (Erik Buell Racing) had a $42,000.00 race bike on display with a beautiful sales girl....wow! Taking orders $38K-$45K!

hankgs screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 08:22 PM
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote